Federal Grad PLUS Loans
If you will be applying for a federal Grad PLUS loan, the following information will guide you through the loan application process. All federal Grad PLUS loans must be borrowed through the Direct Student Loan Program (also known as William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program).
- Application/Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Marlboro College’s Grad PLUS processing form
- Entrance Counseling
Master Promissory Note (MPN)
In order to borrow a federal Grad PLUS loan you must first complete a master promissory note. This note is your contract; by signing it you are agreeing to repay your loan and abide by the terms and conditions of the loan. To complete the MPN:
- Log onto www.studentloans.gov. In the “Manage My Direct Loan” section click on “Sign In”. You will need your PIN from the FAFSA to sign in.
- To obtain information on browser compatibility, on this website refer to the “Learn More” section and click on “What you need for Direct Loans”
- Documents you will need to complete your MPN :
- Your PIN from the FAFSA to electronically sign the MPN
- Your personal information including social security number and your drivers’ license
- Your employer information
You must complete your MPN in 30 minutes or less, so it would be best if you have all of the information above prepared in advance. You cannot use the back button to navigate back, and there is no save option.
Marlboro College Grad PLUS processing form
Please contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive a Grad PLUS processing form along with your financial aid award letter.
Entrance counseling explains your rights and responsibilities when borrowing a federal PLUS loan. If you are borrowing a Stafford loan then you would have already completed the joint Stafford loan/ Grad PLUS loan counseling. If you have not, this step is required for any student borrowing for the first time at Marlboro College. In order to perform entrance counseling, return to the home page at www.studentloans.gov. In the “Manage My Direct Loan” section, click on “Entrance Counseling”.
Marlboro College’s deadline for all loan materials is: Fall 2013: September 6, 2013; Winter 2014: January 3, 2014; Spring 2014: May 2, 2014.