Summer Writing Intensive Application
About the Admissions Process
The Summer Writing Intensive is open to adults (18+) who are planning to start or return to college.
In order to apply for the 2014 Marlboro College Summer Writing Intensive, please:
- Fill out the online application form below, and
- Submit a 1 page letter explaining your interest in the program, and what you would contribute to the group. Letters should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a 500-1000 word writing sample via email to email@example.com. Any style of writing (fiction, academic, non-fiction, poetry, etc.) that showcases your writing is acceptable.
Applications will be accepted and processed on a rolling basis until July 15.
Grants for Veterans
If you are a veteran, military spouse, gold star child, or currently serving on active, reserve or guard duty, you are eligible for a Veteran’s Writing Grant which will entitle you to attend at no cost. In order to receive this benefit, please submit a copy of your DD2014, or a Letter of Eligibility, in addition to your application materials. These documents can be submitted in the following ways:
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 802-451-7555, or
- Mailed to Marlboro College, ATTN: Non Degree Programs, PO Box A, Marlboro, VT 05344
Scholarships for Non-Veterans
The cost of the program for non-veterans is $500. If you are a non-veteran who would like to attend, but who cannot afford the $500 fee, please email a separate letter of explanation about your need for financial aid, including the amount you can pay towards attendance (minimum $250). We reserve the right to ask for further documentation of your financial situation as needed. Financial award decisions will only be made for individuals who have completed their program application. Letters can be submitted to: email@example.com.
Online Application Form
Please submit the following information if you wish to apply for the Marlboro Summer Programs.