Free Classes for High School Students
Marlboro College welcomes motivated high school students who are looking for academic enrichment in a small, intellectually demanding college community. If you are a high school junior or senior (or home-school equivalent) who fits this description, you are eligible to take a class at Marlboro College at no cost.
Courses and Application Process
A list of suggested introductory level courses appropriate for high school student enrollment is available at the bottom of this page. If you do not see a course that fits your interests or schedule in the suggested list, feel free to review our full course list. To apply:
- Fill out the online application page
- Send a copy of your high school transcript to: Marlboro College, ATTN: Admissions, PO Box A, Marlboro, VT 05344
- Watch for an email once your course selection is approved by the faculty member. (Some faculty may ask to meet with you or to see a writing sample before granting permission.)
Important Dates for FAll 2014
- Tuesday, August 26 – Last day to submit application and transcript for free high school course program
- Tuesday, September 2 & Wednesday, September 3 – Intro classes
- Thursday, September 4 - Regularly scheduled classes begin
- Thursday, September 25 - Last day to drop a course
- Monday, October 20 & Tuesday, October 21 - Walter Hendricks Days - NO CLASS
- Wednesday, November 26 - Friday, November 28 - Thanksgiving Break - NO CLASS
- Wednesday, December 10 - Last day of Classes
- Saturday, December 13, Monday, December 15, & Tuesday, December 16 – Exam Days
- Wednesday, December 17 – Grades due at 1:30pm, last day to submit work
Additional Fees and Courses
- You are responsible for purchasing books and for paying any lab fees. Required books are included in the course listing and can be purchased at the Marlboro College bookstore. Many are also available at the Marlboro College Library.
- If you have already taken a free course, additional courses may be offered at a discount, please contact Amanda Whiting for details and permission.
Amanda Whiting, Registrar's Office, at email@example.com or 802-251-7609