Undergraduate Studies

Graduate and Professional Studies

Transcript Requests for Graduate Students

There are two types of paper transcripts: official and unofficial. These are identical, except that the official transcript is signed, dated, and bears the corporate seal of the College. Official transcripts are normally sent directly to an educational institution or a potential employer at the student's request. All requests for official transcripts must be in writing with the student’s signature, via mail or fax. Official transcripts require a $5.00 fee. Official transcripts will be sent only if the student has paid all student account balances. Unofficial transcripts will be provided upon request.

In addition, while matriculated, all students have access to their transcript records, grades, and contact information

Instructions for Transcript Requests

Please provide the following information when requesting a transcript:

  1. Your signature: In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (see FERPA) and for your protection, we cannot release a student's records without the student's signature.
  2. Full name at the time you attended Marlboro and any other name you may have used (please print legibly).
  3. Home or mailing address and daytime phone number.
  4. Destination(s): provide complete and legible addresses where your transcript is to be mailed whether it is to you or an institution, and indicate the number of copies you need.
  5. Enclose a check or money order made out to "Marlboro College" in the amount of $5.00 per official transcript. To pay by credit card, please fax your request by supplying us with the following information along with the information above:
    • Type of card (MasterCard and Visa only)
    • The person's name as it appears on the credit card
    • Card number
    • Expiration date
    • V-Code (3-digit code found on the back of the card)
    • Street address AND zip code
    • Home or work phone number

Please note that there is a $10.00 minimum for credit card transactions for official transcripts. If you are using a credit card that is not in your name, you must mail or bring us the credit card information along with an original signature of the cardholder; a faxed signature is not allowed in this case.

Official transcripts are not released if there is a balance owed on your account. If you have graduated in the past year, official transcripts may not be released if you have not completed exit counseling with the Financial Aid office. You will be notified if this is the case.

While requests are normally processed promptly, we ask you to allow 5 business days to account for busy times in the office, staff shortages, unforeseen circumstances, etc.

Transcript Requests Can Be Sent To:

Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies
28 Vernon Street, Suite 120
Brattleboro, VT 05301
fax: 802-258-9201

For further information, contact the Registrar's Office at
kurffer@marlboro.edu or 802-258-9206.

* Policy effective beginning September 1, 2006

Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies complies with Vermont State statues annotated Title 16, Statue 176, Section 1(c)(1)(C)which states, “Credits earned at the student’s (current) school are transferable only at the discretion of the receiving school.”