Communities Bridges 2013 FAQ
- What is the Bridges Program?
- Where will these trips take place? What the heck will we be doing? And where will we be sleeping?!?
- How much extra is this going to cost me?
- When will we choose our trips?
- This sounds really exciting and unique!
- I have more questions. What do I do?!?
What is the Bridges Program?
The Bridges Program is the first part of the Marlboro Orientation Experience. When students arrive on August 25, 2013, they will drop off their stuff and embark on a 6-day trip. These trips are designed to give all new and transfer students a common experience and allow them to interact in small groups, get to know some returning students (who design and lead the trips) and be engaged in a common task that reflects some of what brings us together at Marlboro. All students will return to campus from their Bridges trips on Saturday, August 31st, 2013 when the on-campus portion of Orientation will continue.
- Woods Trips: These trips are outdoor experiences with students typically camping out at night. In the past they have ranged from eco-hikes to caving to a "Rites and Rituals" trip that is a beloved Marlboro tradition.
- Bridges Trips: These trips may also be outdoor experiences, but the sleeping arrangements are distinctly more "indoor" than the Woods trips. These trips could be anything from working on a puppet festival to building a greenhouse.
When will we choose our trips?
Bridges trip descriptions and selection form are ready now, so go here to start the process. We'll let you know where you were placed the first week of July.
I have more questions. What do I do?!?
You should e-mail Ken.