Housing During Intensives
One of the greatest benefits of participating in a Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies program is becoming part of the lively Brattleboro community. Not all programs have weekend intensives that require an extended stay, but for those that do there are a wealth of possibilities. Local lodging options include a restored art deco hotel located across the street from our campus, as well as several quaint bed-and-breakfasts and national chain hotels within five miles' drive. The first two of these options also offer discounts to Marlboro graduate students. Enjoy your stay!
- Latchis Hotel, 50 Main Street, Brattleboro; Marlboro students get a special discounted corporate rate year-round at this historic hotel downtown.
- Econo Lodge, 515 Canal Street, Brattleboro; Marlboro, students get 15 percent off the standard rate at this lodging.
- The Chesterfield Inn, 603-256-3211, Route 9, West Chesterfield, NH.
- Colonial Motel & Spa, 802-257-7733, 889 Putney Road, Brattleboro.
- Forty Putney Road (B&B), 802-254-6268, 192 Putney Road, Brattleboro.
- Holiday Inn Express, 802-257-2400, 100 Chickering Road, Brattleboro.
- Motel 6, 802-254-6007, 1254 Putney Road, Brattleboro.
- The Putney Inn, 802-387-5517, 57 Putney Landing Road, Putney (off I-91, Exit 4).
- Quality Inn and Suites, 866-254-8701, 1380 Putney Road.
- Super 8 Motel, 802-254-8889, 1043 Putney Road.
The MATESOL program includes an 8 -week summer intensive and students have to have longer term housing. Information regarding local agents / landlords is sent out to students after they have been accepted into the program.
- Apartment, sublet and “looking for a roommate” listings can also be found in the following online locations:
- Craigslist Vermont: Search the different housing categories for “Brattleboro”
- Brattleboro Reformer: Classifieds
- Housing Forum in Moodle: These are listed by local people or our current students