Offices Veterans Benefits Policy for Marlboro Campus Undergraduate Students
For all VA benefits other than Yellow Ribbon Program:
The following are steps that the student and Marlboro College shall follow regarding veteran’s benefits.
- The student must apply and be accepted for admissions to the Marlboro College.
- The student must complete the veteran’s application for benefits with the Veterans Administration (VA).
- The student must have paid their enrollment deposit to the college and their student account must be in good standing.
- The student must notify the Registrar’s office that they plan to receive benefits. The Registrar will complete the VA college enrollment form and submit it to the VA by the college’s add/drop deadline.
- The following list of items is the responsibility of the student for eligibility of veteran’s benefits.
- The student will provide the Student Accounts office with a copy of their letter from the VA detailing their monthly veteran’s benefits.
- Health forms required by the total health center have been completed and submitted.
- All documents and forms required by the financial aid office have been completed and submitted.
- The online student billing information acknowledgement from the Student Accounts office has been read and acknowledged. In addition, the student’s tuition and fee account with the college is current.
- All deadlines for the Registrar’s office have been met.
- A student can elect to turn over their monthly veterans benefits toward tuition and fees at the college. If a student selects this option, the student agrees to present the check to the Student Accounts office within three business days from the date they receive the check or, if the student receives direct deposit they would issue a check payable to Marlboro College within 3-days from the date the deposit.
- If a student elects to apply their monthly VA benefit amounts toward tuition and fees (# 6 above): as monthly veteran’s benefits are received by the Student Accounts office the payment will be posted to the student account and the anticipated credit will be reduced by the same amount until all benefits each semester are received.
Yellow Ribbon Program benefits:
The following are steps that the student and Marlboro College shall follow regarding Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship benefits. The student must apply and be accepted for admissions to Marlboro College. The student must be enrolled full-time. The student must provide the Admissions office with a copy of their veteran’s eligibility letter from the VA. The Admissions and Financial Aid offices will confirm eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program and co-select scholarship recipients. The college Admissions office will notify the student in writing if they have selected for a scholarship. The student must complete the veteran’s application for benefits. The student must have paid their enrollment deposit to the college and their student account must be in good standing. The Financial Aid office will calculate a financial aid award for the student that will include the Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship. An award letter will be provided to the student. The scholarship may be renewable if, the college continues to participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program; the student remains eligible for the benefit with the VA; and the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
For additional information regarding veterans benefits please visit the VA website or call the toll-free help line at 1-888-442-4551.