OfficesUsing the Marlboro LDAP directory through Entouragev.X
Entourage v.X for Mac OS X has support for searching the Marlboro LDAP directory. This document explains how to set up Entourage to take advantage of LDAP.
1. Open up Entourage v.X. In the "Tools" menu select "Accounts".
2. The "Accounts" window will appear.
Click the "Directory Service" tab.
Then click the [New] button to create a new directory service for the Marlboro LDAP server.
3. An "Account Setup Assistant" will launch.
Click the [Configure account manually] button.
4. Under the "Account Settings" tab, enter the following settings in the fields:
Account name: Marlboro LDAP Server
LDAP server: ldap.marlboro.edu
5. Click the "Options" tab. Enter the below settings in the fields:
Search base: ou=people,dc=marlboro,dc=edu
Click the [OK] button.
6. You can now use the Marlboro LDAP directory in Entourage. Compose a new email. Enter the name of a Marlboro person (student, faculty, staff) then click the [Check Names] button.
7. Entourage will search the LDAP database for the person. If the search finds a match for more than one person, a list will be displayed for you to select the correct entry.