AppleShare File Transfer Under Mac OS XDoing it
- Select "Connect to Server..." in the "Go" menu.
- Enter "smb://akbar/home" into the "Server Address" field.
Click the [Connect] button.
- A window will appear asking for your akbar username and password.
Enter your akbar username and password. Click the [Connect] button.
- Your home directory will be mounted on your desktop. Now you can copy files to and from Akbar as though it were a normal folder
- To disconnect from the file server, select your home directory on the desktop by clicking on it once. Go to the "File" menu and select "Eject home".
Your home directory will be unmounted.
Or, you can just drag the home icon from your desktop to the trash icon on the dock. The trash will then turn into a "Disconnect" icon.