Resources Marlboro College Room Scheduling Procedures
The Registrar will plot all academic space in the appropriate rooms by Thanksgiving for the Spring Semester. Academic space for the Fall Semester will be plotted up through August 15th or the nearest date after that, to allow reasonable access for late faculty hires. Once classroom needs have been finalized, then the go-ahead will be given to the Receptionist & Administrative Aid for all other campus-wide scheduling. Classes requested after this time will be scheduled on a space-available basis.
- Faculty, staff and students will use the same procedure for booking all events.
- To request a room for a one-time event, first look up your preferred room (unless you wish us to choose a room for you).
- Next contact the appropriate building designee below and obtain permission for using the space, if the space is not listed below, contact Sunny Tappan.
- Once you have gained permission for the space you may make your request. All requests must be made in writing, either to the Registrar or to Receptionist & Administrative Aid. The Registrar will handle all requests for academic events: regular (repeating) classes, one-time special class meetings, final exams, Introductory Courses, Plan-related rehearsals and performances, and oral examinations. P&O will handle requests for all other events. Send academic reservations to the registrar and non-academic reservations to Sunny Tappan.
- In your request, be sure to include the following elements:
- Room requested (and preferably alternate room) -
- Name/title of event -
- Coordinator/Contact person -
- Phone number -
- Date of event -
- Start time (including setup time) -
- End time -
- We suggest that all requests be made at least 48 hours in advance. Anyone needing a room in a last minute situation may use the room with the understanding they may have to vacate if the room has already been booked in advance by another party.
- The Registrar and Receptionist & Administrative Aid will submit to the Public Affairs Office all requests for events that are open to the public. Receptionist & Administrative Aid will handle all events requiring a contract.
- Rooms that are not needed should be canceled by the requester in writing so that the space is made available to others. If the requester made the reservation through the Registrar, the cancellation should be made there as well; similarly for Receptionist & Administrative Aid requests.
- In the event a Marlboro College community member requires a specific room for an important event and the room has already been previously booked by someone else, it will be up to the community member needing the room to work out mutually-acceptable arrangements with the original party and to let Receptionist & Administrative Aid or the Registrar know, in writing, if a change of rooms occurs. It is not the responsibility of the Registrar or Receptionist & Administrative Aid to negotiate special arrangements between parties.
In all cases, the individual or group using the space will be responsible for cleaning the area as well as turning off the lights and locking the door.
Thank you for your cooperation!