Marlboro College is moving its academic program, including faculty and students, to Emerson College. Marlboro College will only have limited operations beginning on June 30, 2020 and will cease operations on the Vermont campus at the close of the final graduate spring trimester on August 15th.
Please find below information regarding continuing services for members of the Marlboro community. This list will change as more services move to Emerson.
The Marlboro College Archive is in transition to the Silver Special Collections Library at the University of Vermont. All inquiries can be directed to:
Silver Special Collections Library
48 University Place, Room B201
Burlington, VT 05405
All other questions can be directed to Verdolino & Lowey, P.C. at 508-549-5791 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries related to the campus, please contact https://www.degreesoffreedom.org/
— one of the lowest in the US.
of alumni say that Marlboro’s emphasis on self-directed learning has helped them continue to identify, develop, and pursue their ideas and interests.
miles of hiking and jogging trails on 350 acres.
The national average is 6.
That’s a lot of snow sculptures!
(a coveted dining hall tradition)
of Marlboro graduates say their education prepared them well for graduate school or further academic study.
Pictorial embroidery in the Early Republican female academy
"I was eager to explore embroidery’s deep artistic and cultural currents, and to help give these pieces the place they’re due in the American art historical canon."Read More
Cocoons: Transformation through fantasy
"Finally seeing my work come together as a show, after months and months of only being able to image and sketch, was incredible."Read More
Ruptured reciprocity: Stories of haunting, spirits, and medical belief from Cambodians and Cambodian Americans
"The most interesting part was the stories people told to me, and how those stories worked their way into all other aspects of my process."Read More
A wild door: Human experiences of nonhuman animality
"I argue for the utility of becoming-animal as a functional philosophical tool, a phrase that can sketch the dimensions of certain human-animal relationships with unique accuracy."Read More
Carnivore ecology through study and story
"One of the main aspects of Marlboro College that attracted me here was its environment."Read More
Exploring popular music paradigms across cultures, through cyberspace, and in my own practice
"I will always remember giving every fiber of my being to my Plan’s creation. "Read More
Exploring the simple complexities of trust
"My Plan was inspired by the desire to understand something I knew so well intuitively, but I wanted to know it in another way."Read More
A landscape of interactions: Sustainable land use from farm to forest to fiction
"I remember the moments of shared support the most."Read More
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2474_OP_with_skis_2017.rev.1563810146.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2431___2013-14_Kate_and_John_10-2013_Arial_Shots_MarlboroCollegeAerials_077.rev.1562414653.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2630_180217untitled_shoot13388.rev.1563909457.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2641_MC11197_2.rev.1563911819.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2634_MC6520.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2635_MC11642_2_2.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2632_190413KMF0736_2.rev.1563909810.jpg)"/>