Marlboro College has ceased all operations as of August 15, 2020.
Please find below information regarding continuing services for members of the Marlboro community. This list will change as more services move to Emerson.
For all academic information including transcripts, replacement diplomas and degree verifications contact email@example.com.
The Marlboro College Archive is in transition to the Silver Special Collections Library at the University of Vermont. All inquiries can be directed to:
Silver Special Collections Library
48 University Place, Room B201
Burlington, VT 05405
All other questions can be directed to Verdolino & Lowey, P.C. at
For inquiries related to the campus, please contact https://www.degreesoffreedom.org/
— one of the lowest in the US.
of alumni say that Marlboro’s emphasis on self-directed learning has helped them continue to identify, develop, and pursue their ideas and interests.
miles of hiking and jogging trails on 350 acres.
The national average is 6.
That’s a lot of snow sculptures!
(a coveted dining hall tradition)
of Marlboro graduates say their education prepared them well for graduate school or further academic study.
That they can talk: Themes of communication in wordless novels and post-apocalyptic literature...features an original post-apocalyptic novel titled Under New Stars and a world synopsis and plot for a young adult fantasy trilogy.Read More
Cultivating discomfort: An exploration of existentialism and horror
"The Plan process reassured me of my ability to see the bigger picture."Read More
Witness to change: Vipassana meditation and experiential sound
"I remember the clarity that came when I understood the questions. "Read More
An artistic articulation of beauty within movement
"Technical mastery and critical thinking in fine art photography are all good skills to have for any potential careers."Read More
Carnivore ecology through study and story
"One of the main aspects of Marlboro College that attracted me here was its environment."Read More
Exploring popular music paradigms across cultures, through cyberspace, and in my own practice
"I will always remember giving every fiber of my being to my Plan’s creation. "Read More
What’s left: After losing community, home, and sense of self through poverty and displacement
"I challenged myself to push my body and my mind in directions that intimidated me."Read More
This anaesthetic against loneliness: Theatrical methods of telling our story
"I got to hand pick the people I thought would be good collaborators. "Read More
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2635_MC11642_2_2.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2641_MC11197_2.rev.1563911819.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2431___2013-14_Kate_and_John_10-2013_Arial_Shots_MarlboroCollegeAerials_077.rev.1562414653.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2474_OP_with_skis_2017.rev.1563810146.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2632_190413KMF0736_2.rev.1563909810.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2634_MC6520.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2630_180217untitled_shoot13388.rev.1563909457.jpg)"/>