Marlboro College is moving its academic program, including faculty and students, to Emerson College. Marlboro College will only have limited operations beginning on June 30, 2020 and will cease operations on the Vermont campus at the close of the final graduate spring trimester on August 15th.
Please find below information regarding continuing services for members of the Marlboro community. This list will change as more services move to Emerson.
The Marlboro College Archive is in transition to the Silver Special Collections Library at the University of Vermont. All inquiries can be directed to:
Silver Special Collections Library
48 University Place, Room B201
Burlington, VT 05405
All other questions can be directed to Verdolino & Lowey, P.C. at 508-549-5790 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For inquiries related to the campus, please contact https://www.degreesoffreedom.org/
— one of the lowest in the US.
of alumni say that Marlboro’s emphasis on self-directed learning has helped them continue to identify, develop, and pursue their ideas and interests.
miles of hiking and jogging trails on 350 acres.
The national average is 6.
That’s a lot of snow sculptures!
(a coveted dining hall tradition)
of Marlboro graduates say their education prepared them well for graduate school or further academic study.
Anatomy and art: Developing anatomical research during the Renaissance...exploring Renaissance artists who used scientific means to analyze and produce art.Read More
Interactions between the state and the public in urban space...in the creation of public space, decisions are made about who is a public person.Read More
Cocoons: Transformation through fantasy
"Finally seeing my work come together as a show, after months and months of only being able to image and sketch, was incredible."Read More
The precious and bitter remains: A conversation between possessions, space, and desire
"One of the things I remember most was thinking about my Plan in the shower. "Read More
Storytellers: Generationality, working-class identity, and women’s personal narrative
"Academia has much to learn from the working class and poor, and I suppose that’s what I put forth with this Plan."Read More
“I am the system”: Power in North African regimes
"I wanted to find a way to integrate my time abroad with my interest in politics and the rule of law"Read More
Avenues of change: A study of development and social change with a focus on organizational strategies and structures
"What I remember most is the guidance and support provided by my sponsors throughout the process."Read More
Rhythms of becoming: The transformative potential of holistic education
"We explored contact improvisation as a metaphor for facing challenges in our lives."Read More
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2641_MC11197_2.rev.1563911819.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2632_190413KMF0736_2.rev.1563909810.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2431___2013-14_Kate_and_John_10-2013_Arial_Shots_MarlboroCollegeAerials_077.rev.1562414653.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2474_OP_with_skis_2017.rev.1563810146.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2634_MC6520.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2630_180217untitled_shoot13388.rev.1563909457.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2635_MC11642_2_2.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>