Vermont Online Teaching Specialist Endorsement
Marlboro College's MAT-T program partners with the Vermont Virtual Learning Cooperative to offer credits towards a state Online Teaching Specialist (OTS) endorsement through the Northeast Online Teaching Institute. Candidate teachers take nine credits of online coursework, including a practicum. The other nine credits required for this 18 credit endorsement come from the candidate's content area.
Here is some relevent documentation on the Online Teaching Specialist endorsement
- Introduction to the Online Teaching Specialist Endorsement
- Online Teaching Specialist Standards
- Teacher Review Worksheet
- OTS Worksheet from Vermont Agency of Education
- Northeast Online Teaching Institute (NEOTI)
- Licensing Endorsement Areas (The OTS is #25 on page #101)
Marlboro's current courses that apply towards the "Technology Skills" section of the OTS are:
- MAT603 - Web Design and Media Production - 3 credits, Fall.
- MAT616 - Games and Simulations - 1 credit, spring.
- MAT622 - Transforming Learning with Mobile Devices - 3 credits, usually Winter and Spring.
Interested in the OTS endorsement?
It is important to note that the OTS endorsement is NOT for those wishing to design or construct online course materials. One of our EdTech programs would be a better fit for that.
- A 36-credit Master of Arts in Teaching with Technology (MAT-T)
- A 15 credit Certificate in Educational Technology
- Professional development through our Continuing Education Program (CEP)
- Educational Technology Specialist (ETS) endorsement courses for licensed Vermont teachers.