MAT-T Educational Technology and Instructional Design Resources
- Current US "Educational Technology" jobs.
- Current US "Instructional Design" jobs.
- ATD's State of the Industry Report.
- Growth forecast for "Instructional Coordinators" by US Gov.
A few Publications, new and classic
- Currently trending: "Learning Experience Design" or LX. Article UX to LX, The Rise of Learner Experience Design at EdSurge.com
- The US Department of Education's 2016 National Educational Technology Plan.
- Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning: A Meta-Analysis and Review of Online Learning Studies. A 2010 report by the US Dept. of Education that supports blended learning's effectiveness.
- Edutopia.org, K-12 Education Tips & Strategies That Work
- Campus Technology, Magazine devoted to technology in higher education.
- T H E Journal. Transforming Education Through Technology.
- T + D. Training and Development magazine from ASTD
- Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education (ISTE)
- Journal of Research on Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Learning & Leading with Technology, ISTE's membership magazine.
- World Journal on Educational Technology
- Educational Technology Research & Development
- Journal of Educational Technology and Society
- Innovative Journal of Curriculum and Educational Technology
- The Journal of Learning Design
- Principles of Instructional Design. 2004, Gagne.
- e-Learning and the Science of Instruction: Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia Learning Instructional Design. 2007, Clark & Mayer
- Beyond the Podium: Delivering Training and Performance to a Digital World.2001. A. Rossett
- A Handbook of Job Aids, Allison Rossett and Jeannette Gautier-Downes. 1991.
National Educatoinal Technology Organizations
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Local Educational Technology Organizations
- Vermont: VITA-Learn. Runs the two biggest EdTech conferences a year.
- Vermont: SCHOOL-IT Listserve. The main EdTech Listserve for Vermont EdTechers
- Northeast: Northeast Regional Computer Program (NERCOMP)
Other EdTech Programs
Adelphi University, Long Island, NY: Educational Leadership and Technology
Columbia University Teachers College: Communication, Computing, and Technology and Education.
Boston University: Educational Media and Technology
Bridgewater State University, Bridgewater, MA: Instructional Technology, MEd
Dowling College: Advanced Certificate in Educational Technology Specialist
Fairleigh Dickinson University: Instructional Technology Specialist FDU Certificate
Fitchburg State University: Technology Education
George Washington University: Master of Arts and Graduate Certificates in Educational Technology Leadership (ETL)
Harvard University: Technology, Innovation, and Education (TIE)
Institute of Education, London: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Education MA
New Jersey City University: Educational Technology Programs
New York Institute Of Technology: School of Education Instructional Technology Programs
New York University: Graduate programs in Educational Communication and Technology
Pace University, Westchester, NY: Educational Technology Specialist
Penn State University, online: Masters in Educational Technology
San Diego State University, In-person and online: Learning Design and Technology
Seton Hall University: Instructional Design and Technology
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY: Advanced Graduate Certificate Program in Educational Computing
Touro College: Master of Science in Instructional Technology
University of Vermont (UVM): Educational Technology Specialist Classes
UMASS Boston, online: Graduate Certificate, Master of Education.
Western Connecticut State University: See: Master of Science in Education - Option in Instructional Technology (PDF)