Plans in History:
Is it me? For a moment: An inquiry into themes of identity in youth subcultures in post-war Britain
Violence, racial difference, and historical memory: European colonists and Indigenous peoples in the 17th century
Uncovering selfhood: Acquisition of knowledge of the self for women in Victorian literature and history
Additional matching plans:
- A history of American Seaman’s Unions.
1968: American Economic History
- A study of the progressive movement.
1967: American History
- An exploration of the growth of the American system of higher education with a focus on federal influences and curricular change. SPONSOR: Kathryn E. Ratcliff.
2014: American Studies & History/ Higher Education
- A study of immigrants in the United States from the 1850’s through World War II, looking at issues of Americanization and assimilation with a focus on Japanese-Americans. PROJECT: A research paper on Japanese-American internment camps during World War II, focusing on issues of family and assimilation. SPONSORS: Kathryn E Ratcliff, Timothy F Little. OUTSIDE EVALUATOR: K. Scott Wong, Williams College
2014: American Studies & History/Asian-American Studies
- The politics of reform in America: 1900-1970.
1982: American Studies/Political Science & History
- A study of the middle class American housewife from colonial times to the present. PROJECT: Two papers. From help-meet to housewife: the changing domestic roles of women from Colonial times to the 20th century, and Consumerism and the middle class housewife in the 20th century. An additional paper, based on field work looks at the division of household labor in the contemporary family. SPONSOR: Kathryn E. Ratcliff OUTSIDE EVALUATOR: Joyce Berkman, UMASS Amherst
1994: American Studies/Women’S History
- A study of textile production in rural New England from the seventeenth century to the present. PROJECT: Two papers. The first explains the process of colonial textile production and traces the growth and decline of handweaving in 17th-19th century rural New England. The second examines the handweaving revival of the early 20th century and follows its development through contemporary New England handweavers. Supplementary work includes examinations in Women’s History and American Studies and a show of original work. SPONSORS: Kathryn E. Ratcliff, Carol E. Hendrickson OUTSIDE EVALUATOR: Diane Fagan Affleck, Museum of American Textile History
1994: American Studies/Women’S History And Material Culture Studies
- An investigation of the processes of food acquisition and production in hunting-and-gathering, horticultural and agricultural societies. The goal is an understanding of how these processes are adaptive in specific environmental and social-cultural settings.
1978: Anthropology & History
- Explorations in historical anthropology. SPONSORS: Linda L. Kent, Timothy F. Little OUTSIDE EVALUATOR: Joseph H. Schaeffer, Consultant
1989: Anthropology & History
- A study of social change in modern and contemporary India with an emphasis on the role of traditional culture. SPONSORS: Dana P. Howell, Timothy F. Little OUTSIDE EVALUATOR: Barbara Joshi, NY State at Geneseo
1988: Anthropology & History
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2635_MC11642_2_2.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2630_180217untitled_shoot13388.rev.1563909457.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2431___2013-14_Kate_and_John_10-2013_Arial_Shots_MarlboroCollegeAerials_077.rev.1562414653.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2474_OP_with_skis_2017.rev.1563810146.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2641_MC11197_2.rev.1563911819.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2632_190413KMF0736_2.rev.1563909810.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2634_MC6520.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>