Transferring credits

Marlboro College accepts transfer credits for liberal arts courses taken at an accredited college or university if the courses are comparable in content, nature, and intensity to courses offered at Marlboro College and have a grade of C- (1.67) or better. After an applicant has been admitted the Registrar will review previous college transcripts and notify the applicant regarding which credits will transfer. Further questions can be addressed to the Registrar's Office at or (802) 251-7609.

Transferring Study Abroad Credit

Students who have studied abroad must present official documentation to the Admissions Office (incoming students) or the Registrar's Office (current students) in order for credits to transfer to Marlboro. All credentials, except for exceptions listed below, must be evaluated by an official evaluation organization; that organization will then submit its report to Marlboro College. The costs of the evaluation and postage are borne by the student. Exceptions to this policy include official transcripts in English bearing American grading and credit standards (e.g., American colleges and study abroad programs through American colleges) and official transcripts in English using ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) standards.

Students may find evaluation services online. Some standard organizations, with their websites, are listed below. Students should request "course-by-course" service. Current prices are listed below (most include standard postage, with rush service additional).

Please contact the Registrar's office for information about deadlines for transferring credit.

Further questions about transferring to Marlboro can be addressed by the admissions office at
(800) 343-0049 or