Other Funding Opportunities

Peace Corps Coverdell Fellowship

This fellowship offers Returned Peace Corps Volunteers the opportunity to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching through one of the three graduate teaching programs at Marlboro College, and to gain valuable professional experience through internships in underserved communities in the United States.

Learn more

Veterans Benefits

Policy for all veteran benefits other than the Yellow Ribbon Program:

The following are steps that the student and the Marlboro College Graduate School shall follow regarding veteran's benefits.

  • The student must apply and be accepted for admissions to a Graduate School
  • The student must complete the veteran's application for benefits with the Veterans Administration (VA). The website to apply is www.gibill.va.gov
  • The student must have paid their enrollment deposit to the college and their student account must be in good standing.
  • The student must notify the Registrar's office that they plan to receive benefits. The Registrar will complete the VA college enrollment form and bumit it to the VA
  • The student must: a) Submit all documents and forms required by the financil aid office. b) Read and acknowledge the online student billing information acknowledgement from Student Accounts. 
  • The student will provide the Student Accounts office with a copy of their letter detailing their monthly vetarans benefit.
  • A student can elect to turn over their monthly veterans benefits toward tuition and fees at the college. If a student selects this option, the student agrees to present the check to the Student Accounts office within three business days from the date they receive the check, or if the student receives direct deposit they would issue a check payable to Marlboro College within 3-days from the date of deposit. 
  • If a student elects to apply their monthly VA benefit amounts toward tuition and fees (#6 above): as monthly veteran's benefits are received by the Student Accounts office the payment will be posted to the student account and the anticipated credit will be reduced by the same amount until all benefits each semester are received.

Policy for Yellow Ribbon Program benefits: 

The following are steps that the student and Marlboro College shall follow regarding Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship benefits.

  • The student must apply and be accepted for admissions to a Graduate and Professional Studies program. The student must be enrolled full-time.
  • The student must provide the admissions office with a copy of their veteran's eligibility letter from the VA.
  • The admissions and financial aid offices will confirm eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program and co-select scholarship recipients. The admissions office will notify the student in writing if they have been selected for a scholarship.
  • The student must complete the veteran's application for benefits. The website to apply is www.gibill.va.gov.
  • The student must have paid their enrollment deposit to the college and their student account must be in good standing.
  • The financial aid office will calculate a financial aid award for the student that will include the Yellow Ribbon Program Scholarship. An award letter will be provided to the student.
  • The scholarship may be renewable if: the college continues participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program; the student remains eligible for the benefit with the VA; and the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.

Veterans should consult Graduate Training Time for VA benefits to learn about how many credit hours constitute being a "full time" or "half time" student. For additional information regarding veterans benefits please go to www.va.gov or call the toll-free help line at 1-888-442-4551.

English for Refugees Fellowship

This fellowship is offered in partnership with the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI). Teach English to refugees in one of six resettlement centers throughout the U.S. while earning your MATESOL, and receive a $5,000 tuition scholarship.


Centro Espiral Mana Fellowship

Marlboro College is proud to offer a fellowship in partnership with Centro Espiral Mana (CEM), a school based in San Ramon, Costa Rica that offers English language instruction as well as courses for teacher educators both locally and in other Latin American countries. MAT-TESOL applicants who have participated in a course, retreat, or training conducted by CEM may be eligible for a scholarship covering a generous portion of their Marlboro tuition.

Learn more

Vermont Climate Change Research

High schools students and teachers can participate in current research on responses to climate change. Through involvement in the Research on Adaptation to Climate Change (RACC) research program, participants develop skills in scientific methods and earth systems thinking, and experience what it is like to be a scientist. 


Unsung Heroes Awards

For more than 15 years, and with nearly $4 million in awarded grants, Unsung Heroes has proven to be an A+ program with educators. The program's "alumni" have inspired success in the classroom and impacted countless numbers of students. Each year, 100 educators are selected to receive $2,000 to help fund their innovative class projects. Three of those are chosen to receive the top awards of an additional $5,000, $10,000 and $25,000. 


Fund for Teachers

Fund for Teachers provides educators, possessing a broad vision of what it means to teach and learn, the resources needed to pursue self-designed professional learning experiences. FFT grants are used for an unlimited variety of projects; all designed to create enhanced learning environments for teachers, their students and their school communities. We believe that supporting teachers' active participation in their own professional growth, positively impacts student learning and achievement.