Financial Aid, Getting Started
Our goal at Marlboro College is to make the financial aid process as simple and painless for you as possible. Here are the main steps involved to get you started:
- Begin the financial aid process by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. The FAFSA determines if you are eligible for financial aid. Marlboro College's school code is 003690.
- Log onto www.studentloans.gov to apply for your federal Stafford loan(s). You will need your personal identification number (PIN) from the FAFSA to log in.
- Complete entrance counseling while logged in at www.studentloans.gov. This is a federal requirement when borrowing federal Stafford and/or graduate PLUS loan(s).
- Register for your courses as soon as online registration opens. We must know how many credits you will be taking in order to determine how much aid you may be eligible for.
- For students enrolling for the first time in the fall trimester: August 1
- For students enrolling for the first time in the winter trimester: December 15
- For students enrolling for the first time in the spring trimester: April 15
- For returning students, you will need a new FAFSA by August 1st for every fall trimester that you plan to enroll for classes. Your financial aid award year begins with the fall trimester and includes the winter and spring trimesters of the following calendar year.
Once your registration has been approved by the Marlboro College registrar, and the financial aid office has received your FAFSA, we will calculate a financial aid award and will mail you an award letter. Your award letter will provide instruction on completing loan reply forms (if you are borrowing loans), details about declining aid, entrance counseling and federal verification, among other things.
If you have any questions, contact the financial aid office at (802) 258-9312 or email@example.com.