Admissions Requirements

All master's programs at Marlboro College require that you have completed a bachelor's degree. In keeping with Marlboro's emphasis on independent thinking, we make admissions decisions based upon your individual qualifications for our programs and how well our programs align with your goals. Therefore, you are not required to take GREs or to supply test scores.

The following are materials you will need to apply to Marlboro Graduate and Professional Studies programs. If you have any questions, please contact our graduate admissions office at (888) 258-5665 x209 or

Application Materials

  • Completed Online Application Form.
  • Official College Transcript(s): All transcripts should be sent via a traditional postal system to:

Office of Admissions
Marlboro College Graduate and Professional Studies
28 Vernon Street, Suite #120
Brattleboro, VT 05301

For transcripts from non-U.S institutions, please refer to and follow the instructions for international students.

  • Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required for degree programs (except for MAT-SJ candidates, no specific form is required). MAT in Teaching for Social Justice applicants should use the recommendation form specifically for that program. Letters may be emailed to Don Parker, admissions assistant. (Certificate programs require only one letter of recommendation.)
  • Statement of Intent: Your statement of intent gives you the opportunity to outline the goals you hope to achieve by attending Marlboro College, and it helps us determine how our programs can best fit your needs. MAT in Teaching for Social Justice applicants should visit the the appropriate program page for specific instructions on the essay. Please email your statement of intent to Don Parker.

Computer Requirements

  • To enroll in our programs, you must own or have access to an up-to-date computer with internet access. The faster and more powerful the computer, the easier it will be to do your coursework.
  • A broadband internet connection is strongly recommended.

Continuing Education

To register for Continuing Education Program courses as a non-matriculated student, please access the CEP page.