Admissions Free Classes for High School Students
Marlboro College welcomes motivated high school students who are looking for academic enrichment in a small, intellectually demanding college community. If you are a high school junior or senior (or home-school equivalent) who fits this description, you are eligible to take a class at Marlboro College at no cost.
Courses and Application Process
A list of suggested introductory level courses appropriate for high school student enrollment is available at the bottom of this page. If you do not see a course that fits your interests or schedule in the suggested list, feel free to review our full course list. To apply:
- Fill out the online application page
- Send a copy of your high school transcript to: Marlboro College, ATTN: Admissions, PO Box A, Marlboro, VT 05344
- Watch for an admissions email once your course selection is approved by the professor. (Some professors may ask to meet with you or to see a writing sample before granting permission.)
Important Dates for Spring 2014
- Wed, January 15 – Last day to submit application and transcript for free high school course program
- Wed, January 22 & Thurs, January 23 – Intro classes
- Fri, January 24 - Regularly scheduled classes begin
- Mon, February 7 - President's Day (classes DO MEET)
- Mon, March 17 - Friday, March 28th - NO CLASS - Spring Break
- Sat, May 10, Mon, May 12, and Tues, May 13 – Exam Days
- Wed, May 14 – Grades due at 1:30pm, last day to submit work
Additional Fees and Courses
- You are responsible for purchasing books and for paying any lab fees. Required books are included in the course listing and can be purchased at the Marlboro College bookstore. Many are also available at the Marlboro College Library.
- If you have already taken a free course, additional courses may be offered at a discount, please contact Amanda Whiting for details and permission.
Amanda Whiting, Registrar's Office, at email@example.com or 802-251-7609
Suggested Introductory Courses
Visit the course listing page for more details about the following courses.