Summer Writing Intensive Application
About the Admissions Process
The Summer Writing Intensive is open to adults (18+) who are active writers interested in improving their craft.
In order to apply for the 2015 Marlboro College Summer Writing Intensive, please:
- Fill out the online application form below, and
- Submit a 1 page letter explaining your interest in the program, and what you would contribute to the group. Letters should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- Submit a 500-1000 word writing sample via email to email@example.com. Any style of writing (fiction, academic, non-fiction, poetry, etc.) that showcases your writing is acceptable.
Applications will be accepted and processed on a rolling basis until all 20 spaces are full, or until June 15.
Grants for Veterans
If you are a veteran, military spouse, gold star child, or currently serving on active, reserve or guard duty, you are eligible for a Veteran’s Writing Grant which will entitle you to attend at no cost. In order to receive this benefit, please submit a copy of your DD2014, or a Letter of Eligibility, in addition to your application materials. These documents can be submitted in the following ways:
- Scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to 802-451-7555, or
- Mailed to Marlboro College, ATTN: Non Degree Programs, PO Box A, Marlboro, VT 05344
Scholarships for Non-Veterans
The cost of the program for non-veterans is $795. If you are a non-veteran who would like to attend, but who cannot afford the $795 fee, please email a separate letter of explanation about your need for financial aid, including the amount you can pay towards attendance (minimum $500). We reserve the right to ask for further documentation of your financial situation as needed and cannot guarantee funding for non-veterans. Financial award decisions will only be made for individuals who have completed their program application. Letters can be submitted to: email@example.com.
Online Application Form
Please submit the following information if you wish to apply for the Marlboro Summer Programs.