Free Classes for High School Students
Marlboro College welcomes motivated high school students who are looking for academic enrichment in a small, intellectually demanding college community. If you are a high school junior or senior (or home-school equivalent) who fits this description, you are eligible to take a class at Marlboro College at no cost.
In addition, Vermont residents who are high school juniors or seniors at a public high school may be eligible to take 2 additional courses at Marlboro College at no cost through the VT Dual Enrollment Program. Students attending independent or private schools are eligible to take 2 additional courses at Marlboro College for $150/course.
Please contact email@example.com for details.
Courses and Application Process
A list of suggested introductory level courses appropriate for high school student enrollment is available at the bottom of this page. If you do not see a course that fits your interests or schedule in the suggested list, feel free to review our full course list. To apply:
- Fill out the online application page
- Send a copy of your high school transcript to:
ATTN: Non Degree Programs
PO Box A
Marlboro, VT 05344
- Watch for an email once your course selection is approved by the faculty member. (Some faculty may ask to meet with you or to see a writing sample before granting permission.)
Important Dates for fall 2016
- Friday, August 26 - Last day to submit application and transcript for free high school course program
- Tuesday, August 30 & Wednesday, August 31 – Intro classes
- Thursday, September 1 - Regularly scheduled classes begin
- Wednesday, September 21 - Last day to drop a course
- Monday, October 17 & Tuesday, October 18 - Hendricks Days - NO CLASSES
- Wednesday 12:30PM, November 23, Thursday, November 24, & Friday, November 25 - Thanksgiving recess - NO CLASSES
- Monday, November 28 - Classes resume
- Wednesday, December 7 - Last day of Classes
- Saturday, December 10, Monday, December 12 & Tuesday, December 13 – Exam Days
- Wednesday, December 14 – Grades due at 1:30pm, last day to submit work
Additional Fees and Courses
- You are responsible for purchasing books and for paying any lab fees. Required books are included in the course listing and can be purchased at the Marlboro College bookstore. Many are also available at the Marlboro College Library.
- If you have already taken a free course, additional courses may be offered at a discount. Please contact the admissions office for details and permission.
Kate Trzaskos, director of non degree programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-451-7118