Free Classes for High School Students
Marlboro College welcomes motivated high school students who are looking for academic enrichment in a small, intellectually demanding college community. If you are a high school junior or senior (or home-school equivalent) who fits this description, you are eligible to take a class at Marlboro College at no cost.
In addition, Vermont residents who are high school juniors or seniors at a public high school may be eligible to take 2 additional courses at Marlboro College at no cost through the VT Dual Enrollment Program. Students attending independent or private schools are eligible to take 2 additional courses at Marlboro College for $150/course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Courses and Application Process
A list of suggested introductory level courses appropriate for high school student enrollment is available at the bottom of this page. If you do not see a course that fits your interests or schedule in the suggested list, feel free to review our full course list. To apply:
- Fill out the online application page
- Send a copy of your high school transcript to:
ATTN: Non Degree Programs
PO Box A
Marlboro, VT 05344
- Watch for an email once your course selection is approved by the faculty member. (Some faculty may ask to meet with you or to see a writing sample before granting permission.)
Important Dates for spring 2017
- Friday, January 13 - Last day to submit application and transcript for free high school course program
- Wednesday, January 18 & Thursday, January 19 - Intro classes
- Friday, January 20 - Regularly scheduled classes begin
- Wednesday, February 8 - Last day to drop a course
- Saturday, March 11 - Spring Recess Begins - NO CLASSES
- Monday, March 27 - Classes resume
- Wednesday, May 3 - Last day of Classes
- Saturday, May 6, Monday, May 8 & Tuesday, May 9 – Exam Days
- Wednesday, May 10 – Grades due at 1:30pm, last day to submit work
Additional Fees and Courses
- You are responsible for purchasing books and for paying any lab fees. Required books are included in the course listing and can be purchased at the Marlboro College bookstore. Many are also available at the Marlboro College Library.
- If you have already taken a free course, additional courses may be offered at a discount. Please contact the admissions office for details and permission.
Kate Trzaskos, director of non degree programs, at email@example.com or 802-451-7118