Pre-College Summer Programs
During the Pre-College Program at Marlboro, you will explore interdisciplinary interests, gain new perspective, and meet passionate people. Aimed at rising juniors and seniors (ages 15-18), this experience allows you to get a taste of liberal arts education and to discover what college learning is all about. College credit available.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Liberal Arts at Marlboro.
Marlboro Pre-College students will experience a challenging college-level academic course, as well as gain exposure to other academic disciplines, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and residential college life. Class size is intentionally small, capped at 8-12 students, to create a learning community with room for every voice.
College ready tool kit.
All participants will attend our College Prep Seminar. Our goal is to equip students with information and questions that will help them navigate their college search. Potential topics include: campus life, the admission process, financial aid, and writing your college essay.
Life in Vermont.
A full evening program will give students the option to explore Marlboro and surrounding towns. Supervised group outings may include hiking and swimming, local cheese and ice cream shops, art museums, baseball games, bonfires, or even the circus!
SUMMER SESSIONS 2017 - ROLLING APPLICATION CYCLE OPENS JANUARY 2017
- Session A: July 2 - July 8 (application materials due before June 17th)
- Cartography (Math, Geography)
- Philosophy and Science of Happiness (Philosophy, Psychology)*FULL
- Session B: July 9 - July 15 (application materials due before June 24th)
- Changemaker Week: Social Innovation *3 SPOTS LEFT!
If you have an unquenchable curiosity that inspires you to create, innovate, lead, and discover, the future needs you. Join us for a week focused on positive change. Learn from professionals, take classes with experts, and get the skills to make an impact.
- Session C: July 16 - July 22 (application materials due before July 1)
- Finding your Public Voice (Political Science, Contemplative Studies, Writing)*FULL
- DIY Chemistry (Coding, Chemistry)
- Session D: July 23 - July 29 (application materials due before July 8)
- Interpreting Landscape (Visual Arts, Ecology)
- Playwriting (Writing, Performing Arts)
- Documentary Filmmaking (Film, Video) *3 SPOTS LEFT!
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Past Participant Testimonials
- Weekly Schedule, Transportation, Housing and other Program Details
Kate Trzaskos, Marlboro College director of non-degree programs is happy to answer questions and can be reached at: email@example.com, or 802-451-7118.