Pre-College Summer Programs
During the Pre-College Program at Marlboro, you will explore interdisciplinary interests, gain new perspective, and meet passionate people. Aimed at rising juniors and seniors (ages 15–18), this experience allows you to get a taste of liberal arts education and to discover what college learning is all about. College credit available.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Liberal Arts at Marlboro.
Marlboro Pre-College students will experience a challenging college-level academic course, as well as gain exposure to other academic disciplines, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and residential college life. Class size is intentionally small, capped at 8–12 students, to create a learning community with room for every voice.
College ready tool kit.
All participants will attend our College Prep Seminar. Our goal is to equip students with information and questions that will help them navigate their college search. Potential topics include: campus life, the admission process, financial aid, and the college essay.
Life in Vermont.
A full evening program will give students the option to explore Marlboro and surrounding towns. Supervised group outings may include hiking and swimming, local cheese and ice cream shops, art museums, baseball games, bonfires, or even fireworks!
SUMMER SESSIONS 2018 - ROLLING APPLICATION CYCLE OPENS JANUARY 2018
- Session A: July 1 - July 7
- Where Do the Words Come From? (Creative Writing, Poetry, Literature)
- Inside/Out: Imaginative Theater (Performing Arts, Theater session closed
- Session B: July 8 - July 14
- Explorations in Clay (Visual Arts, Ceramics)
- Green Mountain Ecology (Biology, Ecology) session closed
- Session C: July 15 - July 21
- Awakening in the Wild (Philosophy, Religious Studies, Environmental Studies)
- Do-It-Yourself Chemistry (Chemistry, Technology)
- Session D: July 22 - July 28
- Documentary Filmmaking (Film Studies, Video, Writing) session closed
- Playwriting (Creative Writing, Theater)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-258-9231