So here is a reminder about some important upcoming dates at the Library, which are important for all library users (and especially important for graduating seniors).
Wednesday, May 11: Due date for most library items.
- Everyone: All Interlibrary Loans must be returned by May 11.
- Everyone: Please return all library DVDs before leaving for summer.
- If you are returning in the fall, you can borrow/renew Marlboro College library books over the summer. See our full circulation policies.
- Please, please, please do not leave library items in storage over the summer.
- Not using them over the summer? Return them before you leave.
- Using them over the summer, and coming back in the fall? Renew them and bring them with you on your summer travels!
Friday, May 13: The big clean-up. Please remove all personal items from the library by 8am on Friday morning. On Friday:
- All library books left around the building will be picked up, checked in, and reshelved.
- Personal items will be moved to the lost and found (Recycling Room, middle floor); anything left there on June 1 will be donated/discarded.
- Graduating seniors: Official print & electronic Plan copies (and optional personal copies) are due to the Registrar by noon on Thursday, 5/12. Questions? See Print and digital Plan submission guidelines or ask the Registrar or Library staff.
- Want your own personal plan copy? Read this! Town Meeting provides funding for each senior to receive one bound copy of their Plan for free. Additional copies can be purchased for $20 each (payable to Student Accounts). You must provide the extra printed out copies to be bound. Bring them to the Registrar when you drop off your official Plan copy, and provide the friendly person there with a mailing address to which your Plan can be sent in late summer/early fall. (More on personal Plan copies) And, hey: congratulations!
Sunday, May 15 (Commencement): Building closes at 5:30 pm.
- Graduating seniors: please return all library items by Sunday, 5/15! Not sure what you have checked out? You can log in and view your account.
- A return bin will be placed outside the entrance near the Service Desk when we close; please leave items there if the library building is not open.
Summer hours (9:00am – 4:00pm) begin on Monday, May 16.
Questions? Let us know.
Have a fantastic summer! Congratulations to all our wonderful graduates!
This Sunday, April 3rd, the Library is sponsoring a trip to the UMass Amherst Libraries. Space is limited! Sign up on the sheet at the Library Research Bar.
The van will leave the Dining Hall at 11:30am and return by 5:30pm.
While at UMass, you can search their hundreds of databases and download or scan articles from their extensive journal holdings (e-journal list; library catalog). If you are a Massachusetts resident, you can get a library card and borrow books; if not, you can jot down any book titles that look useful and request them via Marlboro’s Interlibrary Loan service.
Beth and Amber are happy to meet with you this week to help you make the most of your 3 hours (roughly) at UMass. Stop by or email us to set up an appointment!
Spring is finally here! Well. Kinda. Though the temperatures are encouraging, at the very least, Spring Break is upon us.
During Spring Break, the Library will be open, so come see us! Our hours will be:
Friday, March 11: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday, March 12 & Sunday, March 13: Closed
Monday, March 14 – Friday, March 18: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday, March 19 & Sunday, March 20: Closed
Monday, March 21 – Friday, March 25: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday, March 26: Closed
During the Break, we’ll be doing some cleaning in the Library building; if you are leaving personal items in the Library, please make sure all library books are checked out and other items are placed in designated areas in the stacks.
If you’re not going to be on campus, library staff will still be available to help during break — just email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 802-258-9221. And, of course, our electronic resources remain available to you 24/7 via our website.
Safe travels to those venturing off the Hill, and we admit to a small amount of envy of anyone heading to warmer climes!