It’s almost over! Congratulation to our graduating seniors, and we wish everyone a successful close to the Fall semester! The Library will close over the winter break, and to that end, we wanted to update everyone on the following dates and deadlines:
- Please remove all personal belongings from the Library no later than Thursday, December 17th.
- All interlibrary loan books are due back no later than Wednesday, December 16th.
- Marlboro library items are also due back Wednesday, December 16th. However, you are welcome to renew them over break as long as no one else has requested them.
- The library building will begin winter break hours on Thursday, December 17th, at 4:30pm (when the dorms close), which means the building will be locked overnight.
- A return bin will be located outside the entrance by the librarians’ offices for those needing to return library materials.
- Generally, hours for the library building and services over break are M-F, 9:00am – 4:00pm, with the exception of December 21st and 22nd, which will be half days: 9:00am – noon.
- The library will be closed from Wednesday, December 23, 2015, through Wednesday, January 6, 2016.
Doing research over break? Don’t forget that you have access to tens of thousands of journals, books, and more via the library’s website. And whether you are near or far, library staff remain available to provide research assistance.
Have a wonderful break!
While the Library building will remain open during the Thanksgiving holiday, the Service Desk will have reduced hours.
The Service Desk will close at 4:00pm on Tuesday, November 24th. Please plan in advance if you’d like to borrow reserves, DVDs, equipment, or pick up holds or ILLs before break!
The Service Desk, Reserve/AV Room, and Plan Room will reopen at 6:30pm on Sunday, November 29th. Regular hours will resume at that time.
The last day to request books or A/V materials via Interlibrary Loan this semester is Tuesday, December 1st. (You can keep requesting articles.)
Remember that even when you’re away from the library, you still have access to over 125,000 academic ebooks, 40,000 online journals, and dozens of research databases. When you use library resources off campus, if you’re prompted to log in, just use your Marlboro username and password.
Have a wonderful break!
This Sunday, November 22nd, the Library is sponsoring the second van trip of the semester to the UMass Amherst Libraries. Space is limited! Sign up on the sheet at the Library Research Bar.
The van will leave the Dining Hall at 11:30am and return by 5:30pm.
While at UMass, you can search their hundreds of databases and download or scan articles from their extensive journal holdings (e-journal list; library catalog). If you are a Massachusetts resident, you can get a library card and borrow books; if not, you can jot down any book titles that look useful and request them via Marlboro’s Interlibrary Loan service.