ALumni Days 2017, October 7–8
Come back home to Marlboro College for Alumni Days 2017. Even if you can’t attend, please help spread the word to your alumni friends.
For the second year in a row, this alumni reunion provides a unique opportunity to bring the Marlboro community of current and prospective students, parents, and alumni together on Saturday, when the reunion will coincide with the college’s Family Day and Open House. Celebrate your Marlboro memories as well as your dedication to the college of today and tomorrow. While Saturday's lunch-block and afternoon faculty/alumni panel discussion are the two combined activities, the rest of the day's events will be exclusively for alumni and faculty.
Friday, October 6
3:00 The Absolution of Spirit: Forgiveness in Hegel's Philosophy of Religion talk by alumna Ursula Roessinger '11, Library reading room
Saturday, October 7
11:30–on Registration – Mather reception desk
11:30-12:30 Lunch and activities
- Cider press, yummy treats, grad school table, and other activities on the front lawn
- Art show by Ryan Kish '07, who will be present – Drury Gallery
- Lunch with students and parents – dining hall
12:30-1:30 Community Service Projects
- Split and load wood from fallen trees to donate to families in need
- Help organize the library's periodicals
- Trail work
1:45-2:45 State of the College presentation and discussion led by Kevin Quigley, president, and other key leaders – Campus Center
3:00-4:00 Faculty/Alumni Panel – Whittemore Theater
- Democracy in the Deep Divide: Can We Still Work Together?
- Moderated by Meg Mott, professor of politics
- Panel includes
- Amer Latif, professor of religion
- Jake Davis '03, Postdoctoral Associate, New York University
- Katherine Gypson '05, Voice of America, U.S. congressional correspondent
- Amber Schafer '10, Brooklyn-based filmmaker
- Closing remarks by President Kevin
4:15-5:30 Reception to celebrate retiring Outdoor Program Director Randy Knaggs '94, also open to students - climbing wall/green room in Whittemore
5:30-6:30 Community Dinner – Dining Hall
- K-Pop Dance and Opening Remarks by sophomore Cyane Thomas, Renaissance Scholar recipient who studied in South Korea this summer, also open to current students – Campus Center
- Campfire with Randy Knaggs '94, campus center meadow
Sunday, October 8
11:00-12:00 Brunch (with surprise guests) – Dining Hall
- Alumni tour of campus
- Paddle at South Pond with Randy Knaggs '94
Register now (suggested donation of $10, $25, $50, or $100). Your donations will help to offset a fraction of the cost for this reunion. The college, as well as our sponsors, cover the majority of the event's budget.
Lodging will be scarce in the region, so please plan ahead. There may be Marlboro College community members able to provide space. This year, limited space will also be available for a fee in Marlboro North. Email the alumni director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-451-7145 for more information about lodging or other reunion details.
If you can't attend Alumni Days but would like to make a donation in support of the college, please visit our giving page. Alumni giving is an expression of your support for the Marlboro education you received, an important indicator for our prospective students and their parents.
Thanks to our corporate sponsors:
And Individual Sponsors:
Bart Goodwin, trustee
Kirsten Newcomer '82, trustee