The Center for New Leadership is a project of Marlboro College, in southern Vermont. We are a community focused on exploring and applying new approaches to leadership. Working with mission-driven individuals, organizations, and coalitions, we build leadership capacity through teaching, coaching, and consulting.
- We take an inquiry-based approach, informed more by curiosity than by certainty.
- We cultivate leadership that is responsive, collaborative, and reflective.
- We believe shared learning is a critical means for creating social good.
- We strive to expand the positive impact of the mission-driven sector.
- We foster joy, balance, and rigor in our work.
We do this through short workshops, longer certificate programs, and individualized consulting. See our programs.
Who We Serve
We serve the mission-driven sector of northern New England, including individual change-agents, nonprofit organizations, socially-responsible businesses, and cross-sector collaborations. We take a special interest in supporting emerging and nontraditional leaders.
Why Center for New Leadership?
At the Center for New Leadership, we always start from a place of curiosity and creativity. Each of our programs, as well as our consulting work, incorporates a thorough assessment of the participants’ current state and goals. In doing this, we make sure to address the actual, core issues and create a greater value for clients—receiving a clear understanding of where they are, in addition to where they are going and the skills they need to get there.