The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is offered annually in the fall in different locations around the region. In September 2017 the Certificate program will be held on Wednesdays in Burlington and on Fridays in Brattleboro starting in mid-September. Questions can be directed to program coordinator Kim Lier.
The certificate program is designed for active practitioners and leaders in Northern New England's vibrant nonprofit community. To be successful in this program, participants must reserve ten days for the face-to-face workshops at the heart of the program. Most workshops meet from 8:30-4:00. Registration is now open.
- Organizational Life Cycle & Assessment
- Messaging Your Mission
- Communications & Social Media for Nonprofits
- Measuring Your Impact
- Communicating in the Midst of Tension
- Feed Your Spark: Energizing Leadership to Thrive and Succeed
- Financial Management
- Building a Board & Fundraising
- Building a Strong Staff Culture
- Grants & Earned Income
Tuition for the Certificate in Nonprofit Management program is $1500. Past participants have received financial assistance through VSAC's Non-Degree Grant, and TD Bank's Nonprofit Resources Grant. Former Americorps and VISTA volunteers may be able to use their Segal Education Award to offset tuition costs.
The Partnership for Capacity-Building program is designed for organizations with an annual operating budget under $100,000. Marlboro will match a $350 employer contribution for a combined grant of $700. Please note that applicants for matching funds will need to supply a signed letter of support from their employer.
Students who wish to earn graduate credit and apply learning from the certificate program to a real-world project can enroll in NPM601: The Practicum in Nonprofit Management, a 3-credit guided independent study through which students complete projects that improve their organizations in exciting and demonstrable ways. If you are interested in exploring this for-credit option, please contact Kim Lier or by phone at (802) 251-7690.
- “I came to Marlboro College's nonprofit management certificate program with questions, and I left with a whole lot of answers. More importantly, however, I left with skills, tools and guidance to carry me forward in my chosen profession.”
- “It was a great orientation to the world of nonprofits. I left the course with a solid understanding of nonprofit organizations, and I feel confident in applying for nonprofit jobs.”
- “The Nonprofit Management Certificate Program was a great fast track option for busy working nonprofit leaders. The information was practical, the connections helpful and the faculty very experienced. I have a much more complete skill set to bring back to my work place along with a renewed confidence for tackling tough issues in the nonprofit world.”
- “I’ve waited more than a year for the opportunity to participate in this Certificate program. It was well worth the wait. Renewing my business knowledge, seeing my organization in a new light and finding or solidifying my personal goals were just some of the benefits for me.”
- “My job would have been easier having all this information from the start of our organization. Now, I have a plan and the tools to bring our organization to where the founder envisioned.”
- “This program gave me concrete tools to improve the operation of our board. I very much appreciated the expertise of the other members of the class and the diversity of the organizations represented.”
- “I found the certificate course enormously helpful. I'm a newcomer to the nonprofit world, and every class brought immediately applicable information. I can't recommend it highly enough.”
To find out more about the Certificate in Nonprofit Management and other learning opportunities offered by the Center for New Leadership, please subscribe to the Red Clover, our e-newsletter.