Plan Guidelines & Submission
A digital copy of your Plan is required for graduation.
All components of the digital Plan will be submitted online through the Final Plan Submission portal in Nook and must be submitted by 5pm on the Wednesday before the final faculty meeting. The digital copy will be the archived copy of record. The library will send the digital copy of your Plan to a bindery to be printed and bound.
Guidelines for submission:
- Text components should be submitted as a single, standalone PDF file.
- Title page with the following information:
- Title of Plan
- Name of Student
- Name of Sponsor(s)
- Month/year of graduation
- Marlboro College, Marlboro, Vermont
- Left and right margins must be 1”
- Page numbers must be on the bottom center of the page
- Acceptable formats for image/photo components if submitted seperated from the PDF file: .tiff, .jpg
- Acceptable formats for audio components: .aif or .aiff, .wav, .mp3
- Acceptable formats for video components: .m4v, .mp4, .mov
Any parts of your plan that cannot be submitted digitally (e.g. CDs, DVDs, artist books) should be turned in to the Stephanie Sopka in the library workroom (1st floor/middle level) prior to the deadline.
Beth Ruane, Library Director
Amber Hunt, Reference and Technology Librarian
Stephanie Sopka, Technical Services Librarian
Personal Copies of Plan
Town Meeting provides funding for each graduate to receive a bound copy of their Plan of Concentration. If you would like to receive a bound copy of your Plan to keep, here’s how it works:
- When you fill out the Plan Permission and Binding Form, indicate how many personal bound copies of your Plan you’d like (first one free; additional @ $40.00 apiece, billed to your student account).
- You’ll be asked to provide a mailing address to which your Plan(s) can be sent in late summer/early fall. If you’re not yet sure where you’ll be at that point, consider providing the address of a family member or friend.
- The library receives them back in late summer/early fall and mails them to you then.
Plan Copyright and Access
Marlboro College graduates own the copyrights to their Plans of Concentration, or the author’s heirs if the author is deceased.
Physical copies of Plans are normally shelved in the Plan Room at the Rice-Aron Library and are available for browsing by Marlboro College community members and visitors. If you would prefer that access to the physical copy of your plan be restricted, please notify the Library.
Electronic copies of Plans are uploaded to college servers and made available via links in the library catalog. Access to electronic plans is available to anyone using a computer on campus as well as to Marlboro College faculty, students, staff, and alumni who are off campus (Marlboro login required). If you would prefer that access to the digital copy of your plan be withheld, please notify the Library.
Written permission of the author, or the author’s heirs, is necessary in order to photocopy or otherwise reproduce a Plan or parts of a Plan, with the following exceptions:
- Marlboro College faculty may reproduce a small portion (no more than 10%) of a Plan for instruction purposes without permission.
- Faculty may post electronic versions of Plans on electronic reserves in Marlboro Courses.
Upon request, and with the permission of the Plan author, or the author’s heirs, the library will supply photocopies or scans of portions of Plans of Concentration. Please allow 10-14 business days for processing. The charge for this service is $0.25/page copied or scanned, plus $5.00 shipping for print copies (no delivery charge for emailing scanned copies).