MARLBORO COLLEGE 70TH COMMENCEMENT
MAY 14, 2017
A cold, drizzly day with two inches of fresh snow in Marlboro could not dampen the spirits of the 32 undergraduate and 39 graduate students marking their commencement on Sunday. Faculty, staff, friends, and family cheerily gathered in Persons Auditorium to celebrate the class of 2017.
“One of the great joys of being at Marlboro is to witness our students live their passions, learn new skills and grow into engaged citizens,” said President Kevin Quigley. "Today’s program eloquently catalogs the extraordinary breadth of their interests: exploring ideas about food, leadership, technology, computer programming, art and consumer culture, the environment, political rhetoric, religious communication, animal behavior, to name just a few of the Plan and Capstone topics.”
Heartwarming senior addresses were delivered by Solomon Botwick-Ries '17, on behalf of the undergraduates, and Nicolás Cárdenas Tamburini MATESOL '17, on behalf of the graduate students, and honorary degrees were conferred upon Gretchen Holbrook Gerzina '72 and U.S. Congressman Peter Welch.
Find transcripts, photos, and video of the ceremony below:
• President's Remarks: Kevin Quigley
• Student Speaker: Solomon Botwick-Ries
• Student Speaker: Nicolás Cárdenas Tamburini
• Honorary Degree Citation: Gretchen Holbrook Gerzina
• Comments of Gretchen Holbrook Gerzina
• Honorary Degree Citation: Congressman Peter Welch
• Commencement Address by Congressman Welch
• Academic Prizes
• List of Graduates
• Valediction: Janaki Natarajan