Loan Information

Even with a Pell grant, work study, and merit scholarships and grants, you may need to take out a loan to afford your college education. The following are your primary options and how to apply.

Federal Direct Loans

Federal Parent Loans (PLUS)

Private/Alternative Loans

Entrance Counseling

When borrowing any federal student loan, students must complete entrance counseling. Parents are not required to complete counseling. Counseling explains a student’s rights and responsibilities when borrowing a federal loan. Counseling is completed on the Department of Education’s website. Counseling must be completed prior to a loan being disbursed.

Exit Counseling

Any student who has borrowed a federal student loan while enrolled at Marlboro College must complete exit counseling. Counseling is completed prior to the student separating from the college; separation being graduation, leave of absence, withdrawal or absentia status. Counseling is complete on the Department of Education’s website. Counseling explains a student’s rights, responsibilities and options when entering into repayment of the student’s federal loan.

NSLDS Loan History

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website is provided by the Department of Education and is a place for students to review information on their federal student loans. The information a student can review online includes, but is not limited to, the principal amount and interest due by year, the name and contact information for the loan servicer, the aggregate loan totals by loan type, and where and how to make loan payments.