Board Leadership Training
Our board leadership programs provide skills development and networking opportunities for trustees serving nonprofits of all sizes.
Nonprofit organizations are only as strong as their boards. The Center for New Leadership at Marlboro College is committed to the growth and development of nonprofit boards and their members.
The Winter 2019 Board Leadership Webinar Series, offered by Common Good Vermont at the Center for New Leadership, was designed to:
- Expand your network of peers,
- Increase your knowledge on key topics, and
- Build your board’s capacity to serve your organization!
Upcoming Public Trainings
We don’t have any public trainings scheduled now but if you are interested in hearing about the next one or can help us fill a room in your community, please let us know.
Executive Succession Planning Webinar
Thursday, February 7th, 12:00-1:15pm
Presenter: Kate McGowan, Center for New Leadership
Whether planned or unexpected, leadership succession plans are essential to preventing future financial and organizational risk. Board Members and Executive Directors are invited to this lunchtime webinar. This workshop covers:
- Sample Succession Plans
- Assessing what your organization needs
- Building a culture of preparedness
Designing and Building Your Best Board Webinar
Friday, February, 15, 12:00-1:15 PM
Presenters: Martha Collins, Lead 180 Consulting, and Andy Robinson, Andy Robinson Consulting LLC and Train Your Board
To be effective, nonprofits must recruit board members who support their ideals, represent the diversity of the community, and bring a wide range of skills. This webinar workshop covers:
- Finding and filling the gaps on your board
- What every board member should know about finances…and probably doesn’t
- Creating and using a board “job description”
- Board orientation strategies
- Running effective meetings
- Training and motivating your board to raise money