Documentation of a disability must follow these general guidelines:
- Documentation of the disability must be from an appropriate health care provider (e.g. physician, psychologist, psychiatrist).
- Documentation materials must be on official letterhead, and signed by the health care provider.
- Documentation must include the following items:
- Type of disability.
- Functional limitation that arise from disability.
- Specific statement of the duration of the functional limitations, as well as any distance limitations.
- Suggested recommendations for effective reasonable accommodations in a college setting.
For a more detailed version of documentation guidelines, contact the Assistant Dean of Academic Advising & Support.
The College reserves the right to judge the appropriateness, timeliness and source of the documentation materials.