Jobs & Internships
Ready to start looking to see what may be out there for you? Here are some resources to help you through the process. It’s never too early to start—a typical job application cycle takes 3 to 6 months.
- Local paid internships are available through the BDCC & 6 College Collaborative.
- Vermont Buisnesses for Social Responsibility offer paid internships.
- ThinkVermont! Vermont businesses are hiring!
- VT Department of Labor
Popular Job Boards
- Monster: Extensive job listings across many different industries.
- Career Builder: The largest U.S. job site, with 1.6 million+ listings.
- Indeed: Listings from job boards, newspapers, associations and organization pages.
- LinkedIn Student Jobs: LinkedIn’s dedicated student job & internship tool.
- Simply Hired: Millions of full & part-time listings, top employers and salaries.
- FindSpark: Listings of opportunities in New York City in creative fields.
- JuJu: A “job search engine” which indexes jobs listed on thousands of sites.
- Backdoor Jobs: International, short-term opportunities and short-term adventures.
- Jobwich: A social job listing site, with a concentration of openings in the NYC area.
- BarefootStudent.com: Search for internships, jobs for college students, and entry level career opportunities.
- LinkedIn: A professional networking site where you can post a profile, search openings and connect.
- Branch Out: exclusive Marlboro College alumni and friends community.
Research Experience for Undergraduates (REUs)
- National Science Foundation: NSF is divided into the following seven directorates that support science and engineering research and education: Biological Sciences, Computer and Information Science and Engineering, Engineering, Geosciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences, and Education and Human Resources.
How do I find an on campus job?
Review job listings each semester and apply directing with the supervisor listed.