Creating a compelling resume, cover letter and LinkedIn profile are essential to a successful search, and the Career Office is ready to help.
- Wix: free website builder to create a professional site
- Weebly: professional e-commerce tools for entrepreneurs
- Squarespace: all in one web building tool
Diversity and Inclusion
- Top 50 companies for diversity
- Diversity Working: job board
- Getting Hired: dedicated to helping individuals and veterans with disabilities connect with inclusive employers through our job board.
- TJobBank: employment resources for the LGBTQ community
- Point Foundation: national LGBTQ scholarship fund
- The Pipeline Project: a recruitment, retention, and leadership advancement initiative to increase the number of people of color working within the nation’s LGBT rights, service and advocacy sector.
- Graduate programs may require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) — General and perhaps the Subject tests. Some programs may require the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Applicants may benefit from a test prep, such as Kaplan, Princeton Review, Testwell, TestMasters or others.
- Check the financial aid guidelines for each program to which you are applying. For additional information, consult AccessGroup, FastWeb, FinAid or the U.S. Department of Education.
- O*net Interest Profiler – How your interests match career fields.
- SkillScan is an online interactive tool that will help you to identify your greatest strengths and transferable skills for your career development. It is also an effective tool for identifying skills for your resume.
- Skills Matcher will rate your levels on 40 key workplace skills, then show you careers that match your ratings.
- Critical Skills assessment for career readiness based on a list of competencies identified by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- Uncovering your Values is an exercise from The Pivot Method by Jenny Blake.
- Myplan.com Values Assessment is a free online tool that helps you identify what is important to you in a job or career. The Values Assessment doesn’t match you with specific jobs; rather, it helps you determine the specific needs, values and motivations that can lead to potential job satisfaction.
- 16Personalities is a very simplified free online tool based on the Myers-Briggs personality theory.
- Humanmetrics is a free personality test is based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ personality type theory.
Candid Career has thousands of career videos to help you find your dream job. Want interview tips, job information, or career guidance for students? Click here!
Dress for Success
Need something to wear?
If you’re preparing for an interview and looking for the right thing to wear, Career Education can help. Visit the Dress for Success closet!