Publicizing Your Event
There are many ways to get the word out about your event. Please consider this in the initial planning phases of your event design.
In addition to the methods below, you can post to the Marlboro College Facebook Group, make an announcement at Town Meeting, or make several announcements in the Dining Hall over lunch and dinner.
Publicity Request Timeline
- Stall Street Journal: by 4:00pm Wednesday of the week prior to your event
- Up to 20 color copies on printer paper: at least two weeks prior to the event
- 100-200 copies on cardstock or thicker paper*: at least three weeks prior to the event
- Large print jobs (200+ copies)*: at least four weeks prior to the event
- Community Calendar Posting (internal): ASAP or at least three weeks prior to the event
- Calendar Posting (external): ASAP or at least three weeks prior to the event
- Press Release: at least four weeks prior to the event
- Monthly Calendar: by mid-month for the following month’s digest
Publicity Request Contacts
For Stall Street Journal posts: Email Hannah Anderson with event details (name, date, time, location, and short description - possibly contact for questions)
For Community Calendar posts: If you would like to post to the internal Community Calendar, please email the events manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
For poster requests: Email Richard Smith with event details (date, time, location, summary, bio of guest speakers, photo(s) or suggestions for photos). * For projects that need to be sent to an external printer, you will also need a departmental budget code to cover the printing costs.
For all other above requests: Submit event title and details (same list as for posters) via the Event & Space Reservation and Event Publicity Form when you request your space. If you would like to add or edit anything, or submit photos for the post, please email email@example.com.